Talbehat Fort, Lalitpur
Talbehat is a small town situated near Jhansi in district Lalitpur-UP (India). Talbehat fort was built in 1618 by Bharat Shah. When Rani Laxmibai was struggling against Britishers, it was under the territory of Maharaja Mardan Singh. This fort is situated at the bank of a big lake. Talbehat town is as big as this lake. Britishers went to Jhansi after destroying a wall of this fort. This is very cool and calm place. There is a famous Narsingh Mandir is also situated inside the fort. This fort has two main gates.
The Fort is situated on Jhansi-Lalitpur four lane road. Raja Mardan Singh ruled here from this fort & he fought alongwith Rani Laxmi Bai against the Britishers in 1957. The Fort has got three temples inside, dedicated to Angad, Hanumanji & Narsingh Bhagwan . The Fort have massive structures and is situated on the bank of massive Mansarovar Lake. This lake is suitable for various water sports activities. At present the facility of boat club with paddle boats is available, there is Ghat Jetty & Restaurant also. In the premises there is Hazaria Mahadev Temple on the banks of Lake.