(JOB) Accounts cum MIS Officer required at BANDA(U.P.) by www.mamta-himc.org
Accounts cum MIS Officer
MAMTA–Health Institute for Mother and Child (www.mamta-himc.org & www.yrshr.org) is seeking to recruit a professional for the position of Accounts cum MIS Officer based at Varanasi, Azamgarh, Banda, Bulandshahar & Shaharanpur district project office.
Job Description/Responsibility of Accounts & MIS Officer:- The Accounts & MIS Officer will work as part of the MAMTA district project office team for USAID funded Maternal, Newborn Child Health project, entitled Vistaar. He/She will be responsible for the financial , administrative and MIS systems at the district level, reporting to the Senior Program Manager (SPM), but also working closely and under the guidance of the Regional Manager – Finance & Admin based in the state office of MAMTA, Lucknow.
Key Responsibilities of Accounts cum MIS Officer:-
· Maintain accounting and financial systems for the district project office, ensuring compliance with USAID regulations and MAMTA policies.
· Prepare and checking requests for payment of district level project expenditures.
· Prepare budget and expenditure reports for specific district level project activities.
· Assist with district level procurement and operations including processing purchase order, procuring all items at competitive rates
· Maintain effective and efficient administrative & HR systems (local travel, office and equipment maintenance, record keeping) at district offices, assistance to project staff, as assigned
· Coordinate with state project office on financial reporting and related issues as required.
· Assist in preparation of budgets and work plans as required.
· Ensure continuous availability of adequate funds for running office
· Ensure implementation of Income Tax and TDS rules and regulations and deposit TDS timely.
· Ensure fulfilment of office needs like renewal of insurance, equipments, AMCs, renewal of lease agreement, etc.
· Manage electronic and paper-based project document filing systems.
· Maintain petty cash account at district level.
· Arrange the logistics during meetings/workshop/training
· Ensure the personnel records of staff are in place and updated which will include contract letters, leave records and time sheets.
· Liaise with Banks, vendors, govt. offices & other agencies operating in the areas
· Lead person for monthly/quarterly MIS related data collection, compilation and timely reporting under the Vistaar Technical Assistance.
· Will be responsible for regular updation on web based Vistaar NBC MIS for the district.
· Maintain updated district level database for all indicators pertaining to the Vistaar MIS and other reporting requirements under the project.
· Will be the custodian of MIS reports and records and the same will be updated and maintained in soft copy as well as in hard copy (files).
· Guide and support the Block mentors and other staff for timely submission of field based monitoring and observation reports.
· Support the SPMs, District Activity Leader (DAL) and MAMTA state Point Person for monthly and quarterly district level review of project progress
· Helps in developing a monthly/quarterly brief progress report for sharing with district/divisional govt counterparts like DM/CMO/CDO/DPO/ AD etc.
· Supports SPMs in developing presentations on Project Progress for sharing in DHS and other district level forums.
· Any other tasks as assigned by SPM-MAMTA
Qualifications and Competencies: of Accounts cum MIS Officer:-
· University or equivalent degree in Accounting, Business or related field.
· At least 2 years of successful experience in Project Accounting, Financial Reporting.
· Accounting certification and expertise with fiscal software packages, such as Tally preferred.
· Strong skills with basic office software, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
These position require extensively travel within district. Salary offers will be commensurate with the qualification and experience.
Last Date for Application:- Interested candidates should send their CVs and a cover letter which should mention the last salary drawn and expected salary on or before 25 September, 2009 to jobsat
Only short-listed applicants will be acknowledged.
Qualified female candidates are especially encouraged to apply for the position.