Unique identification project was initially conceived by the Planning Commission as an initiative that would provide identification for each resident across the country and would be used primarily as the basis for efficient delivery of welfare services. It would also act as a tool for effective monitoring of various programs and schemes of the Government.
To empower residents of India with a unique identity and a digital platform to authenticate anytime, anywhere.
- Universal aadhaar enrolment for the entire population by 2015 with a well-defined turnaround time and adhering to stringent quality metrics
- Collaborate with partners to setup infrastructure which provides convenience to residents for updating and authenticating their digital identity Collaborate with partners and service providers in leveraging Aadhaar to serve residents effectively, efficiently and equitably
- Encourage innovation and provide a platform for public and private agencies to develop Aadhaar linked applications
- Ensure availability, scalability and resilience of the technology infrastructure
- Build a long term sustainable organization to carry forward the vision and values of the UIDAI
- Make it attractive for the best global expertise in different fields to collaborate and provide valuable insights to the UIDAI organization.
Aadhaar is a 12 digit individual identification number issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India on behalf of the Government of India.
This number will serve as a proof of identity and address, anywhere in India. Aadhaar letter received via India Post and e-Aadhaar downloaded from UIDAI website are equally valid.
Any individual, irrespective of age and gender, who is a resident in India and satisfies the verification process laid down by the UIDAI can enrol for Aadhaar.
Each individual needs to enroll only once which is free of cost.
Each Aadhaar number will be unique to an individual and will remain valid for life. Aadhaar number will help you provide access to services like banking, mobile phone connections and other Govt and Non-Govt services in due course.
Aadhaar will be:
Easily verifiable in an online, cost-effective way
Unique and robust enough to eliminate the large number of duplicate and fake identities in government and private databases
A random number generated, devoid of any classification based on caste, creed, religion and geography
The process of registration through National Population Registrar (NPR) includes enrolment for Aadhaar as well.
See the Enrollment Centers details of bundelkhand as following districts.