Location of the property :
North West corner of District Jalaun, the meeting place of Five Rivers -
adjoining District of Etawa and District Bhind of M.P. linked with metalled
Roads and Highways.
Distance from nearby Town / Nearest Railway Station / Airport :
- Kanpur 125 km. Airport, Etawa 70 km by Moghul Road, Jhansi 160 km. via
Orai, Orai 65 km.
Description of the property :
Four story square fort with moat on three sides (50 feet deep x 100 feet
broad) with approx 100 big and small halls and rooms (underground Tehkhana's).
There are two big bronze and two big iron entrance gate. One single Terrance 150
feet by 75 feet from where you can have a panoramic view of Rivers and Ravines
Total area nearly seven acres. It stands in the middle of the Jagmanpur.
- Age (Year of construction) : Built in 1593 A.D. Developed and extended
- Built up area : Approx 2 Acres plus 3 Acres of moat & 2 Acres
- Functional Rooms available : 25
- Present condition of the building : Fairly good from outside except few
ramparts damages. Inside 80% intact and livable. Present owner is living in
- Historical background : Fort was built in 1593 by Jagman Shah. Leaving
11th Century Fort on the backs of Yamuna River 3 km. because of erosion by
the river. Presence and blessings of Sant Tulsidas who laid the foundation
of the Fort and presented to the Raja one "EK MUKHI RUDRAKSHA" one
DAHINAVERTI SHUNKH (Conch) and a Laxminarayan Bati. They are still worshiped
& kept in the temple inside the Fort. Every year on this day a festivel /
function is held by the Raja in which public also participates with Pomp &
Show. A Mela is held in the village. People from far & wide come to see the
Fort and the festivities on the day in the month of October and have the
Darshan of deity of Sengar Rajputs.
- Nearby tourist attractions, i.e. : Pachnad (Confluence of 5 Rivers) Mela
in November every year at Bisrat Ghat. Shiv Mandir on Yamuna River 3 km
Kanai Kheda old remains of earlier Fort.
- Nearby other Heritage sites : Haveli & Surahi temple, Rampura Fort 7 km.
Handicrafts available in the vicinity : Earthen pots and clay pottery,
Baskets, Durris etc.
- Wildlife Sanctuary : Crocodile Sanctuary at Chambal River 8 km.
- Activities : Camel Ride / Horse riding / Fancy Bullock Carts / Boating /
Barrages Big Boats - Picnic with canopy.
- Camping : On River Banks - Hill Top old Fort - remote village
surroundings on pachnad site.
Present Owners : -
- Name : Mr. Rajendra Shah - Raja of Jagammanpur (Ex. MLA)
- Age : 70 Years
- Occupation : Agriculture & Agro Farming.
- Contact Address : Jagammanpur House, 19/324, Indira Nagar, Lucknow.
- Ph. : 2715984, Mob. 09838682940
Future plans about the property i.e. - Whether interested in running a
heritage hotel / likely to be run by owners only / would like to enter into
management contract with large hotel groups/lease to promotes / sale to Hotel
Ready for any good reasonable proposal which can help maintaining the
property in future. Sale not on cards.