(NEWS) MP is not implementing Centre's welfare schemes properly


AICC General Secretary Rahul Gandhi today alleged that the Madhya Pradesh government was not implementing the Centre's welfare schemes properly in the state.

" Crores of rupees have been allocated to Madhya Pradesh government for implementing welfare schemes but it is not making judicious use of it,"he told an election meeting at Talliya ground here.

Taking a dig at the BJP government in the state, Rahul alleged that National Employment Guarantee and Mid-day meal schemes were not being properly implemented in Madhya Pradesh. Recalling his father and former prime minister Rajiv Gandhi's observation that only 10 per cent money of the central government-funded schemes reaches the poor while the rest 90 per cent goes missing midway, he said that such a situation seems to be prevailing in Madhya Pradesh.

He said that he had visited some parts of Bundelkhand regions in MP and UP earlier and was saddened with the poor's and dalits'plight. The Gandhi scion said that people in Bundelkhand area were migrating to the other places to earn livelihood.

Rahul, who arrived here to address a poll meeting in support of Congress candidate from Khajuraho Lok Sabha seat Raja Pateria, said that the UPA government has waived off farmers'loans to the tune of Rs 70,000 crores, adding that such a step had never been taken in the country before.

Rahul said if Congress comes to power at the Centre it will lay more emphasis on the welfare of dalit and poor persons.

Courtesy: indopia.in