(TOURISM) Jhansi Excursions
- Sukma-Dukma Dam: An old, long and very beautiful dam over the Betwa River, approximately 45 km from Jhansi, near Babina town. Very scenic in the post-monsoon (winter) season.
- MataTila Dam: Approximately 55 KM South of the Jhansi city, it's a very beautiful picnic spot. The dam is built on the river Betwa. There is a botanical garden near the dam site.
- Deogarh: 123 km from Jhansi, near Lalitpur town. Situated on the Betwa River, it possesses remains of a fine Gupta period Vishnu temple and several old and beautiful Jain temples.
- Orchha: 18 km from Jhansi on Jhansi-Khajuraho road, a small medieval city. It's famous for Lord Ram temple.
- Khajuraho: 178 km from Jhansi. Deluxe buses ply from Jhansi railway station to Khajuraho during morning hours. Taxis are also available. One can visit Panna National Park which is 32 km from Khajuraho, and there are some waterfalls nearby.
- Datia: 28 km from Jhansi on Jhansi-Gwalior-Agra-Delhi road. It's famous for the Shri Peetambra Devi temple and for a seven-storied palace built by Raja Bir Singh Ju
- Shivpuri: 101 km from Jhansi. It was the summer capital of the Scindia rulers of Gwalior. It's famous for its marble chhatris (cenotaphs) built by the Scindias. There is also a big and beautiful lake with crocodiles in the beautiful Madhav National Park area where one can spot a great variety of wildlife.