(TOURISM) Jhansi Excursions
- Sukma-Dukma Dam: An old, long and very beautiful dam over the Betwa River, approximately 45 km from Jhansi, near Babina town. Very scenic in the post-monsoon (winter) season.
- MataTila Dam: Approximately 55 KM South of the Jhansi city, it's a very beautiful picnic spot. The dam is built on the river Betwa. There is a botanical garden near the dam site.
- Deogarh: 123 km from Jhansi, near Lalitpur town. Situated on the Betwa River, it possesses remains of a fine Gupta period Vishnu temple and several old and beautiful Jain temples.
- Orchha: 18 km from Jhansi on Jhansi-Khajuraho road, a small medieval city. It's famous for Lord Ram temple.
- Khajuraho: 178 km from Jhansi. Deluxe buses ply from Jhansi railway station to Khajuraho during morning hours. Taxis are also available. One can visit Panna National Park which is 32 km from Khajuraho, and there are some waterfalls nearby.
- Datia: 28 km from Jhansi on Jhansi-Gwalior-Agra-Delhi road. It's famous for the Shri Peetambra Devi temple and for a seven-storied palace built by Raja Bir Singh Ju Deo.
- Shivpuri: 101 km from Jhansi. It was the summer capital of the Scindia rulers of Gwalior. It's famous for its marble chhatris (cenotaphs) built by the Scindias. There is also a big and beautiful lake with crocodiles in the beautiful Madhav National Park area where one can spot a great variety of wildlife.
- root's blog
- Log in to post comments
Search of Temple in Jhansi - Urgent
I am desparately in search of a temple which is located on some hill IN or AROUND Jhansi, Uttar Pradesh.
It is called Chaarshila or Chaurshila....
Previously is was known for some Mataji's temlple, now Hanumanji is being prayed here. Ram is written on the leaf which is kept on Hanumanji's idol here.
This temple is famous for those devotees who wants to be blessed by Girl Child. They offer their prayers here especially for this reason...
The history says that Shri Ram and Sitaji's first meeting in the garden of Mithila was arranged by Hanumanji who was in the form of a Daasi.....!!!!
We need to visit this temple on a very urgent basis as it is related to my aunt's serious health problem.
Kindly contact me on an urgent basis at email@example.com.